life is a mission......

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

post-camp

Camp is over. Camp lag is better.....almost recovered. The office
staff is taking the next few days off for recovering. When we go back
to the office things will be different. People are shifting and
leaving, following God's will for their lives. So things will be
somewhat different in the office, but a change God has put in motion.

Me: during camp I was not only a teacher but I was what we call team
leader. It was my job to help the director and make sure everyone is
doing ok. I enjoyed going around and talking to people and helping
them deal with their probelms. It was a stressful job at times but I
learned that I like administrative roles. It was a good mix. I got to
teach my kiddos and help out. If the kitchen wouldn't have been so
close to the office I wouldn't have a few extra pounds to run off post
camp. Lol. (our cooks were awesome!!!)

The next step: I don't know what God has in store for me. I have been
asked to help out during the school year with some dorm students. On
Monday evenings after school, for them and work for me, I will go to
the dorm and hang out. They have some free time and then they do their
homework after supper. I would be there for the evening and another
dorm has asked me to come once a month or so and bake. There has been
a Bibke study that has been brought up. There are German classes that
I can go to. I would be in there with all the high school students and
have homework and everything. So, there are so many possibilities that
I can see. And there are some that I THINK God is working on but I
don't know about those and the details yet. Lol.

So. I'm actively waiting. I'm doing the thjngs that God has placed in
front of me while I'm waiting for the next step. The verse I told all
my students at camp is Jeremiah 29:11. God knows the plans He has for
you.

2 comments:

  1. God has great things in store for you this year! Looking forward to seeing where He takes us! I have been so abundantly blessed to have you and Heather as roommates! Know that I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Can't wait to see how He uses you at Sonne, Blauen, and throughout this community. :)

    ReplyDelete