life is a mission......

Friday, August 20, 2010

I want to share as accurately as I can the life here. It's difficult to do in picture format. The point of showing you the journey to the house is to convey the difference in lifestyle that many people have. ALTHOUGH most people do have cars if they are Germans here, a lot of the short term missionary people do not. I don't want you to think that there are no cars here because there are and they drive places, but they may drive to the train station and take the train to the city or walk to the bus station and take the bus to the big cities. It's really made me appericate commuting to the store. While shopping for groceries I limited myself because I knew I was going to have to tote them home, where in the states I wouldn't have thought twice about having an extra can of corn in the cupboard.

So, I get a ride with other people when they are going places and that's when you "stock up".

I do love the culture of taking your time and enjoying your surroundings. I CAN make the mile and a half walk home in 26 mins (with a backpack) but I would rather make it in about 40. I enjoy the walk on the path through the woods and believe it or not, the hill has gotten easier! LOL

Well, just another peek into the Black Forest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment