life is a mission......

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

during camp...

I woke up Friday morning with the thought "how can I, as a teacher at camp, make more relationships with the campers?" Last summer I loved getting to know the campers, but I have to admit, English class was not the favorite part of the day....it was just soemthing they did and endured. Due to that, yes, they opened up some, but it took a long time and not as much as they would during counseling group or other times. I have kept in email contact with several of them this year, but I would like more personal connections with the campers.

So, I woke up with this as my thought and my heart's desire. I checked my email and there was an email offering the three teachers of the camp that I was going to be teaching at a counseling spot. I immedately replied and told them of my waking thought. :) Which I then realized wasn't MY thought, but a thought planted by God.

My day then went on and I had a wonderful lunch with my dad, get my car fixed, and got to see a very dear friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment