life is a mission......

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Opportunities.....

Well, if you know me very well at all you know that I have a hard time saying "No" if you ask me to help.... I blame my dad for that one. ;)
Last week, on top of the very busy schedule of getting ready for the summer English camps I helped out some friends. :) I was glad to do it! But, I thought it was blog worthy because it is very unique to this community.
First, people are heading home for the summer to make connections with family, friends and supporters. I drove 2 different families to the airport on 2 different days. One was a very early morning run and I had to leave my house at 4:30 in the morning. But, that's English Camp! I'm just getting a head start! Now that people are gone or on vacation I'm checking people's mail, watering flowers and DOG SITTING!!! Yes, for the next 10 days I'm keeping Daisy! She's so sweet! She does some tricks and just loves to be near you. :) awwww, to have a dog! Not to mention, I'm staying at Daisy's home and it's a 5 minute walk to work instead of from my house that is a 30 min walk!
The following picture is a container! Growing up in La Porte this is not a strange sight for me, but I have to admit, I am more used to seeing them at the port! LOL and not on a truck! Well, the signifance of them here is people who have been here for a few years and either bring furniture and a lot of personal things, or they acquire them here, they will get a container to ship things home. This is one that I helped load so that she could go home to the mid-west.
Daisy's family has been here for a few years and their daughter graduated from BFA this year, so they are moving back to Texas. They got a conatiner and they had room for my 2 very overweight bags and a small box of things that I wanted to take home. So, most of my stuff is packed here! I really just have clothes and my bedding still here! So, I'll be able to come home in my one suitcase that I can check and my back pack and I won't have to pay for extra bags or overweight ones! What a blessing! And the best part?! (as if that wasn't good enough...) They live in Brenham, Texas! Yes...the Blue Bell Creamery Capital of Texas! So, what does that mean? I HAVE to go to Brenham to get my things!
God is amazing in how He works things out. :)

1 comment:

  1. Praise God! Isn't it wonderful that He thinks of every little detail in our life! Love Ya, Kerrie

    ReplyDelete