life is a mission......

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Firewood and trails....


I was walking one of the trails that we are going to use for an activity at English Camp this summer and I was just taken by the beauty of the trail, so I had to take a picture to share with you. :)
On my walk I was reminded of how the families here acquire their firewood. Companies cut down trees in the forest. The trees that the company doesn't/ can't use goes up for auction. Families go to these auctions and buy piles of the logs. This is a picture of a couple of the piles.
This is a picture of the initals of someone who bought this pile. Then, before winter comes, this person comes to this spot in the woods and cuts the logs and makes a pile here or takes them home.
What a wonderful way to use all the wood that is cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment