life is a mission......

Friday, January 14, 2011

thoughts.....

I'm getting ready to go to Texas to visit my friends, family and supporters. I've been in Germany since June of 2010. I'm closing in on being away from home for 7 months. It's been an amazing time of growing personally in knowledge and spirit. There are a lot of things to contemplate in returning, even for just 3 weeks.

For example, and this may seem simple and strange, but I was talking to a friend on the phone today and she was in a store. Sounds simple. She was having a conversation with the cashier. Again, simple. It's different from my current life situation....it seemed strange! Another one: I'm borrowing a family member's car when I come home. They called the insurance and I don't have to be on their insurance, I just have to have their permission to drive it. When she told me that I thought in the back of my mind, "if I get pulled over (which I don't plan to) how am I suppose to tell them that I have permission to drive it? ......thought process...... oh yeah.....ENGLISH!"

So, I know that if I'm already experiencing these things, I know that when I go "home" it will be intensified so much more.

So, friends, family and supporters.....please bear with me! During our conversations and if we go shopping our out to eat, it's going to take me some time to adjust. And, I may throw in a German word here and there......just give me a strange look!

No comments:

Post a Comment